My version of the pump in/out bait well

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flaxterra

Reaction score
So I just bought this 18' lowe. It has a fiberglass center console and flip back cooler seat in it. It is really simple and I kinda want to keep it like that. So I pretty much only fish saltwater and I need a good bait well for large bait. I saw a couple posts on here about making a cooler bait well that the water came be pumped in and out. So I have the basic walmart bait pump that has the sponge like filter on the bottom and a peice of 1/2 pvc up to a sprayer. I also have a large plastic drum that is 21" across the top and about 4' tall. I cut the drum down to about 18" tall so it would be about the same height as my front console seat or the rear cooler seat. I then cut a hole out of the top of what was left of the drum to match some plexiglass that I had. I then cut about 2" down from the top along the sides to make a peice that would slide in the bottom part of the drum. Its kinda hard to explain but I will have pictures so you can see what I am talking about. I had to put some slits in the side of the drum so I could fit the top section inside what was left of the drum. I screwed it all together. I then cut the plexigass to fit the top hole leaving two flat sections on each side so I had a place to screw the s/s piano hindge to the drum. I then attached the plexiglass to the hindge. I then cut a spray bar out of 1/2 pvc and attached it to the inside of the drum. I made sure not to use glue for the pvc so I could remove the pump and use it to pump water in the bait well with a hose. Once I pumped enough water in, I can just remove to rubber hose and reconnect the pump to the spray bar. When its time to go home, I just disconnet the spray bar and connect the rubber hose and pump the water out. It came out really well. The pictures are from my phone so they are not great. I also put some handles on it so It came be removed.
x.jpgy.jpgz.jpgzz.jpg

Latest posts