Anchor Cleats.....where to mount them??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipse507

Reaction score
First off I have to say this place is awesome, I've learned tons so far as my adventure into the tin boat world begins.

So i noticed today there are no anchor cleats on my boat. I've seen a few pics here and the back corners look like a good place to mount a cleat............what about up front??

I am mounting mine up front - Always best to anchor from the front (unless conditions clearly allow otherwise)

You need to find a place that is structurally sound - or modify the mounting spot to insure strength

You always seem to need one where don't have one. I only have one on the bow. I think I will mount one on each side, so I can tie off at the dock easier. I see a lot of jon boats with one on each corner.

For what they cost, just get four and place two in the front and two in the rear. Like it was said before, you always seem to need one in a spot and there isnt one there! lol

Where is a good place to mount one in the front? My boat is a Lowe 1448 Mod V..........On the bow rails? or where are people mounting them?? And how? I dont thing a screw into the rail will hold???

Pics would really help!

thanks!

Latest posts