New Leak

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ictalurus

Reaction score
It seems my boat has developed a new leak this year, there is only enough to soak up a rag, woudn't trigger a bilge. But I have to admit it is driving me crazy. Would you guys pull up your floor and go through the motions for a little bit of water or should I just let this one ride?

Mine lets just enough water in to leak about 10 drops out of the transom plug. I don't plan on ripping up my floor to fix it. But now that I think about it, it could be coming from the trolling motor when it drains after I pick it up...

Yeah pretty sure it's not from the anchor line or bow mount. I'm betting on the new to me 20 HP rattling some old rivets loose. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get any worse.

Something I learned this week-end: With the boat on the trailer, crawl underneath and make a slow, thorough inspection of the hull. Talk about an eye opener / stomach churner. I knew I had a leak, but I didn't know how close I am to springing a half-dozen others. I do believe Steel-Flex is in my future.

If you have it on a trailer, just fix it from there. A little more effort being the position you're in but in the long run, could be worth your little amount of time invested in the little fix. But thats just me.

I may look into this issue when the afternoon temp hits 105 around here and the fishing slows, I have to say though that it does drive me crazy to see a little water in the boat ](*,)

Latest posts