TUFF COAT

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOB350RX

Reaction score
HELLO EVERYONE NEW TO THE SITE GOT A QUESTION, ANYONE EVER USE TUFF COAT COATINGS FOR THE INTERIOR OF THIER BOAT, I HAVE SEEN IT USED IN AUTO APPLICATIONS BUT NEVER IN A BOAT WANT TO COAT THE INSIDE OF MY 14' MIRROCRAFT BUT IM NOT SURE, IT LEAVES A NICE FINISHE ALMOST LIKE LINE X FOR TRUCK BEDS THOUGHT WAS IT WOULD CUT DOWN ON NOISE AND NOT BE SLIPPERY WHEN WET. ANY FEED BACK WOULD BE APPRECIATED

I'm happy so far.

Pics are in my sig near the end

Brine said:
I'm happy so far.

Pics are in my sig near the end

How does that hold up to the weather, and how hard was it to apply, and do you recomend it thanks.

A FRIEND OF MINE LINED THE TUB ON A JEEP HE WAS RESTORING STUFF WENT DOWN JUST LIKE UNDERCOATING, YOU HAVE TO PRIME IT WITH SOME SUPPLIED PRIMER FIRST JUST BRUSH IT ON THE COATING WAS JUST AS EASY PUT DOWN I HEAR YOU CAN ROLL IT ON BUT I LIKE THE SPRAY APPLICATION MUCH BETTER, ILL TRY AND GET SOME PICS ON HERE, I ALREADY STARTED BEFORE I FOUND THIS SITE, SO NO BEFORE PICS,

T-MAN said:
How does that hold up to the weather, and how hard was it to apply, and do you recomend it thanks.

Not sure about it's longevity, I just put it down this year. It was easy to apply, but you need to use the right paint roller. I like the texture and sound deadending it has provided. I'd do it again.

I USED THAT RAPTOR BED LINER LAST TIME I DID THE BOAT AND I WOULDNT RECOMEND THAT STUFF TO ANYONE, MAYBE IF YOU ARE LINING THE INSIDE A TRUNK ON A SHOW CAR MAYBE, IT WONT HOLD UP TO GASOLINE, IT SHRINKS REAL BAD, ITS LIKE REAL THICK PAINT, NO SOUND DEADENING AT ALL

I didn't use any on the bottom of my hull, so it won't ever be in contact with gasoline or standing water.

I WAS GOING TO DECK THE ENTIRE BOAT BUT I HAVE OPTED NOT TO NOW I CANT MAKE UP MY MIND, I HAVE PUT ON A CASTING DECK, BUT MORE FOR STORAGE THAN CASTING AS I TROLL/ DRIFT FISH ALOT, SO I MIGHT PUT A PARTIAL DECK IN THE BACK AND LEAVE THE CENTER ALONE BUT IM NOT SURE WOULD BE NICE TO KEEP MOST OF THE WEIGHT IN THE FRONT AS I FISH ALONE MOST OF THE TIME, BUT I WILL BE COATING THE WHOLE BOAT BUT ABOUT 6" FROM THE TOP SO I GUESS ILL FIND OUT!!!

I put it on the bottom of my boat. It took awhile and was kind of a pain in the butt but it's held up well for just about a year now. I did find that putting some industrial rubber mats down where you feet are all the time helps alot to extend longevity I found it to be kind of slippery when wet. I like it though.

It does get warm with the sun beating on it but it's not any worse than getting baked by bare aluminum...I think the aluminum is almost worst as it reflects the sun just like a mirror.

Latest posts