Pics or Advice for a trolling motor mount

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jig master

Reaction score
I'm happy as a clam since I bought the boat of my dreams yesterday. It's an alumacraft all welded 1450 MV year model 1998. The lady I bought it from was very sharp and had already installed a floor, some storage compartments, interior lights, running lights, and an automatic bilge pump. Everything is set and ready to go on the boat, all I need to do is install a bow-mount trolling motor (Minn Kota Maxxum). There is a deck on the bow that sits about 3-4 inches below the gunwale. I've seen guys simply bolt a hunk of 2x4 to the deck and screw the trolling motor to it. My uncle has his own fabrication shop, so I was thinking of asking him to make me some kind of aluminum mount that I would then screw or rivet onto the deck. Any input from all ya'll at tinboats would be awesome!

Rivets could vibrate loose,I would bolt it.I like the idea of aluminum instead of the wood.Maybe he has some square tube the right thickness.

A couple bends of aluminum will do the trick if you can't find one out of the box from Alumacraft. Not sure where you live, but knowing someone witht the ability to do so (assuming you don't) is a good solution.

Latest posts