ANY Ideas???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndthwacker

Reaction score
I want to build some long pices that i can pull out from under my trailer or something so i can pull my boat up steep cliffs or banks. i thinkk if i had to long rods that came out that i could slide my 1448 jon boat down and up would help out alot instead of pulling it on ground up to the trailer. If you have any ideas on how i could build that onto my trailer please help me out thanks alot. ill explain better if you dont get my ?

How tall of a bank or cliff are you talking about?

what if you mounted some brackets to the underside of the rear of your carpeted bunks. And then had 2 more bunks with
another bracket of the same type that could be attached with a pin when needed to extend the bunks another 8 feet or so. You could even have 2 more bunks in addition to that that could also be attached if needed.

I hear if you spray your carpeted bunks with silicone spray they slide really easy. You could ease the boat down the "ramp" with the hand crank winch and crank it up easy enough as well.

Or maybe just lay an extendable aluminum ladder down the hill to the water for the boat to slide on. You could put PVC or glue carpet to the areas where the boat hull will make contact with it. You might have room to tie/strap it to the trailer between the bunks under the boat during transport or when not in use.

well my tailer has all rollers but i plan on redoing it sometime in the next few days and was tring to come up with a idea to make some sort of extension to attatch and not a hassel to get setup. It all depends to but last week i had to drop it off a 8 or 9 foot bank. and i just dont like cranking it on the ground. i already have a 6 foot longer toung i put on it and turned it into a tilt bed to with a pin but still dont like the idea of backing the trailer off the end and trying to get it back up in the sand. but i understand what you talking about what whould i make it out of and how wade or extensions are you talking about?

Latest posts