Hi guys, well I've decided finally on the size of my new jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willbarrow81

Reaction score
Im gonna get an 1860 mod v. I've narrowed it down to 4 models: alumacraft MV 1860 AW, G3 1860 VBW, lowe R1860, and tracker grizzly 1860. I have all the info but one thing, the side depth of the tracker. Should be 24 or 25", does anybody know? Also any feelings about the quality of the boats? The tracker is the best price, 3750.00. The alumacraft is 4200.00 Not sure about the other two Ill have to call about. I feel comfortable with any of the models, but I dont want to get a surprise of cracked welds from shotty work either! Hahaha. I welcome your opinions, thanks Will.

Will, I bought a 1652 Lowe new back in 01 and have had no issues what so ever with it. A couple years ago I did hit a big rock and tear a about 2" worth of seam where the transom meets the floor, but any boat would have taken on the same damage given the situation (except a plate boat. lol) In my opinion, they're all good boats, but I've had an excellent experience with my Lowe.

Brad

Cool, I really love the look and bow compartments of the lowe. Also its .110 hull gauge is thicker than the rest. Now check this out, on the lowe boat websight they are now selling the Fronteir 1860! Its the same essentially. Hull is .100 more along the lines of tje g3, tracker and such. Cant get to the bow compartment without making a few hatche. This might be my ticket if the price is right! Im gonna ask about it in a new thread. Thanks for the input!