My new to me boat! 16ft Starcraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albanyco

Reaction score
2011-04-18_13-17-49_559.jpg

2011-04-18_13-17-35_423.jpg

2011-04-18_13-17-57_684.jpg

Scored this little beauty for 500 bucks. It needs some work, the console is a total kludge job, I think it came off a glastron boat. But I think with some angle aluminum I can fix it up so it is nice. The steering at the back of the boat is also a kludge but it works, when I get some time I'm going to redo it. Any of you guys add console steering and have a few pics on how you mounted it? The starter solonoid is held to the transom with a bungie cord :roll: I'll fix that too. The trailer....oh man. Homemade job and not too impressed with that. The motor runs, but it's missing the prop and seals and the cone thingy that goes on the end. Anyone have a prop for a 35hp johnson? It is a shear pin prop. Ideas for mods? I'm thinking a casting deck in the front with a bow mount trolling motor. First thing though is to get this on the water and test it out.

I think it looks pretty cool too! In the future I would like to clean up the motor and give it a nice paint job and polish up the chrome trim on it. It took a little tinkering and a new gas line, but the motor starts right up with no fuss. Little hiccup here and there but it seems to run pretty well.

Hey folks, as you can see in the top photo it looks like the rear bench seat has some supports removed. There is a small crack in the bench where it rivets to the hull....what would you guys do to brace that area? There are a couple pulled rivets and the next bench seat up also has a few pulled rivets...I'm guessing because some of the support was removed from the rear bench. What could I use to brace it? Should I build a rear deck for it?

Nice boat =D> I'd replace the support with some aluminum and yes, go with a rear deck IMO.

Sure am! Right over in colonie! I see you are from rotterdam, I went to Mohonasen high school!

I'm sure we fish/boat some of the same places, if you see my boat around this summer make sure to swing in and say hello!

~Matt

Latest posts