1432 Aluimicraft Advice

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need some advice about my 1432 Aluiicraft Jon Boat. First I need to take the middle seat out. I have poured over the threads about this subject. I know I will have to brace the middle somehow. I like the way the guy cut out the middle and left some on the sides. I think I could do this with some extra brace and extend the box all the way up the sides for storage. I need to put a floor in, but not to high. When you put a floor in, do you want your braces for the floor to go on top of the ribs? Or do you want them to be touching the actual bottom of the boat. I also want to take out the 2 aluiminum wings by the transum. I think they are there for floatation. But it only allows you to put your gas tank back there. I would like to put a battery back there too. I need advice from experience mods. Thanks in advance. Will post picts tommorow.

my floor supports sit on the ribs i wasnt to sure about it being on the floor, i wouldnt trust it

Here are some picts of my up comming project. Does anybody know where to get specs and plans for ribs.

Attachments

• IMG_4662.jpg
    IMG_4662.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_4665.jpg
    IMG_4665.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 319