13'4" Gregor Mod Project

Boating related questions,small projects, custom work and talk go here.
Iczer

13'4" Gregor Mod Project

Post by Iczer » 25 Jun 2012, 15:11

Updating this after the winter with more mod action.

I got the boat out, oiled up the engine and checked everything out and all made it through the winter ok. I sunk the engine in a 1/2 barrel of water and went to fire it up and it wouldnt turn over but was clicking. I remembered having this problem at the end of the year after I put the batteries up front. I messed around with it for a while and what I determined (I could be wrong) was that the jumper cables I used to extend the engine cables to the front of the boat were either not big enough, connection wasnt solid or the cables were too long. I tried every combination of solving those 3 things and it fired up fine when I hooked direct to the battery, so I ended up moving one of the batteries back to the rear. I'm hoping with the engine/bilge pump battery in the back and the everything else battery in the front (opposite side) the weight will even out.

Now that issue is solved I came to the to do list left over from last year, I wanted proper external lights for being legal at night and also interior lights so you could tie on a hook or deal with whatever in the boat without having to rely on a flashlight. So I bought 4 banks of LED lights and a bow light (red/green) and some wire and went to town. I remembered last year reading a post from someone on this forum about the LED's and how bright they are and how he had them mounted up higher and they were right in line with your eyes which was not ideal. So I opted to mount my rear lights down under the lip of the seat facing forward and the front lights I put one under the lip of the front deck facing aft and the other on the front edge of the steering console facing aft. I killed the lights in the garage and tested it out ... WOOOOO! It lights up the inside of the boat nicely and doesnt blind you unless you look directly at them, which is fine becuase they are down lower.

External running light and two aft interior lights.

Front lights

After that success I zip tied up all the wiring so its out of the way and I am ready to rock. The only item left on my to do list is to get a aft light on a pole that plugs into a socket that I will mount. I will use the flashlight on a pole one I have from lastyear for now.

RazorBaits
rickybobbybend

13'4" Gregor Mod Project

Post by rickybobbybend » 25 Jun 2012, 17:26

Nice work, Iczer. And nice to see you using the boat so much.
RickyBobbyBend
Gregor 1244 Welded V, Evinrude 9.9
Modest Mods on Gregor 1244 V: http://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic ... 21&t=24612

kfa4303

13'4" Gregor Mod Project

Post by kfa4303 » 25 Jun 2012, 17:34

Looks great and I love the lines of the boat itself. Are Gregor's made out West?

Iczer

13'4" Gregor Mod Project

Post by Iczer » 26 Jun 2012, 00:15

Thanks.

I think they are made out west, this one came from CA origionally.