Finally got a boat HECK YEA!!!!!! Pics are up

Boating related questions,small projects, custom work and talk go here.
User avatar
begs
Posts: 113
Joined: 14 Apr 2011, 11:42
Location: McHenry County, IL

Finally got a boat HECK YEA!!!!!! Pics are up

Post by begs » 22 Apr 2011, 21:12

Ok well here we go again 3rd time the charm, going to look at a 16' v-hull with a 28hp evinrude... hope it all works out this time. wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed for me [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<





I cant wait to get this thing and get all the registations for illinois done and get her on the water..

any input for a 1st timer please feel free to and some feedback, where to put rod holders, best way to mount them and also where is the best place to mount the anchor etc....
Last edited by begs on 23 May 2011, 23:54, edited 6 times in total.

Xtremeboats
User avatar
jellio5
Posts: 183
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 01:09
Location: Duluth MN

Finally getting my 1st boat!!!

Post by jellio5 » 22 Apr 2011, 23:54

Thats a pretty nice boat plenty of room for your own mods. When you go to do a mod use the search function on that particular mod and see what you find. Every mod I've done I've used the search function but always gave it my own twist in order to make it just like I would like it. The anchor system is an ongoing debate although I may have a solution keep your eyes on the "Anchor" thread in the next couple of days. That boat is for sure deep enough to install a floor and casting deck if you choose I would advise to get it on the water and get all the basics working and then decide what you want to do with it. Make sure the motor runs and everything is good and do one thing at a time. If you have any specific questions ask them here and someone will be able to help.
If you need to find me I'm fishing.....just don't tell my wife.

“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

User avatar
begs
Posts: 113
Joined: 14 Apr 2011, 11:42
Location: McHenry County, IL

Finally getting my 1st boat!!!

Post by begs » 23 Apr 2011, 00:04

well my plan for it this year is to fish fish fish and in the fall (before ice fishing) I will do little by little. I am really excited about going to get this boat.

As for the mods possibly just looking for small one now like rod holders, anchor mount, maybe some trolling type rod holders for fishing the bigger lakes in wi

thanks for the input about the anchors jellio, i have read through the anchor thread and will for sure be watching that thread pretty closely, as for the mod thread yup been there and took the time to look through not all but alot of them LOL

I will have more pics as soon as I get her home and in the drive way. :beer: :mrgreen:

imgonnamissher
Posts: 106
Joined: 08 Mar 2011, 23:51
Location: Southwest Missouri

Finally getting my 1st boat!!!

Post by imgonnamissher » 23 Apr 2011, 00:17

Congrats!! =D> Hope it's everything you want it to be. If you have any issues getting the motors going, let us know. I love working on the old OMC motors. They are simple, easy, and as good as any motor was ever made.
2Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved.........rightly dividing the Word of truth."
Vintage OMC outboards and tin boats........need I say more?

User avatar
begs
Posts: 113
Joined: 14 Apr 2011, 11:42
Location: McHenry County, IL

Finally getting my 1st boat!!!

Post by begs » 23 Apr 2011, 00:23

imgonnamissher wrote:Congrats!! =D> Hope it's everything you want it to be. If you have any issues getting the motors going, let us know. I love working on the old OMC motors. They are simple, easy, and as good as any motor was ever made.

it floats, and get the motors going and running good, I will be one happy fisherman, LOL.

for sure about those motors, I dont have any problems with a sbc 4stroke, so I dont think a 2cyl 2stroke is much different but we will see LOL

going to be tough to sleep tonight man I am pumped up =D> =D> =D> =D>

User avatar
begs
Posts: 113
Joined: 14 Apr 2011, 11:42
Location: McHenry County, IL

Well got shafted on a boat again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by begs » 23 Apr 2011, 22:25

well the boat in the picture above I was supposed to pick up tonight, the guy called and said it was sold, so now I am on the market for another boat.

found another one today 16' with a running 28hp evenrude, of course I am having a busy week, and get get to look at it until next fri, hope it still holds strong and dont sell, the only thing the guys says is a little deck work. We will see what happens...Fingers crossed [-o< [-o<

imgonnamissher
Posts: 106
Joined: 08 Mar 2011, 23:51
Location: Southwest Missouri

Well got shafted on a boat again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by imgonnamissher » 23 Apr 2011, 22:30

Wow. The guy new you were coming to pick it up and sold it out from under you?? Man, people are really something, aren't they? If someone tells me they are coming to get something, I hold it for them until the time they said they would be there before letting anyone have a chance at it. Too bad more people don't have any morals when selling things. Hope the next one works out for you.
2Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved.........rightly dividing the Word of truth."
Vintage OMC outboards and tin boats........need I say more?

lckstckn2smknbrls
Posts: 4273
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 12:14
Location: Algonquin Il

Well got shafted on a boat again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by lckstckn2smknbrls » 23 Apr 2011, 22:34

Make sure both the boat and trailer have titles. A bill of sale doesn't work in ILL.
1971 14' Ward's Sea King Jon Boat / 1983 Mariner 25HP

User avatar
begs
Posts: 113
Joined: 14 Apr 2011, 11:42
Location: McHenry County, IL

Well got shafted on a boat again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by begs » 23 Apr 2011, 22:38

imgonnamissher wrote:Wow. The guy new you were coming to pick it up and sold it out from under you?? Man, people are really something, aren't they? If someone tells me they are coming to get something, I hold it for them until the time they said they would be there before letting anyone have a chance at it. Too bad more people don't have any morals when selling things. Hope the next one works out for you.


yea I do the same thing, I also wished the same thing... oh well hopefully this 16' goes through [-o<

User avatar
begs
Posts: 113
Joined: 14 Apr 2011, 11:42
Location: McHenry County, IL

Well got shafted on a boat again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by begs » 23 Apr 2011, 22:40

lckstckn2smknbrls wrote:Make sure both the boat and trailer have titles. A bill of sale doesn't work in ILL.

you cant file for a lost title, as for the trailer I know you can file for a homemade, I have done that before. but as for the boat you should beable to file for a lost title right? :wink:

User avatar
jellio5
Posts: 183
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 01:09
Location: Duluth MN

Well got shafted on a boat again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by jellio5 » 23 Apr 2011, 23:20

I've been in your shoes before and I've been on the other side of the fence as well. This day and age money talks. While it does suck I've had it before where someone called and said "yep I'm coming to get it" so people call and I tell them it's sold and the person never shows. If you find something you want you have to get it that day if possible. If I'm looking for something I avoid even looking online unless I can get it that day. To much heartache if you miss a good deal.
If you need to find me I'm fishing.....just don't tell my wife.

“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

User avatar
begs
Posts: 113
Joined: 14 Apr 2011, 11:42
Location: McHenry County, IL

Well got shafted on a boat again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by begs » 23 Apr 2011, 23:27

jellio5 wrote:I've been in your shoes before and I've been on the other side of the fence as well. This day and age money talks. While it does suck I've had it before where someone called and said "yep I'm coming to get it" so people call and I tell them it's sold and the person never shows. If you find something you want you have to get it that day if possible. If I'm looking for something I avoid even looking online unless I can get it that day. To much heartache if you miss a good deal.

I am not saying that you have to say it is sold, what I have always told another person is here is the deal, I have a guy that is supposed to come and get it such and such time, and tell them I will call them and let them know if that guy don't show it is all yours. That is just the respectable thing to do. I know money talks but you have to give people the benefit of the doubt if you know what I am saying...

lckstckn2smknbrls
Posts: 4273
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 12:14
Location: Algonquin Il

Well got shafted on a boat again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by lckstckn2smknbrls » 23 Apr 2011, 23:29

begs wrote:
lckstckn2smknbrls wrote:Make sure both the boat and trailer have titles. A bill of sale doesn't work in ILL.

you cant file for a lost title, as for the trailer I know you can file for a homemade, I have done that before. but as for the boat you should beable to file for a lost title right? :wink:
The homemade trailer deal is long gone in Ill! If the boat is from Ill the dnr has a form you fill out giving them power of attorney. The best and easiest way is to have the title.
1971 14' Ward's Sea King Jon Boat / 1983 Mariner 25HP

User avatar
begs
Posts: 113
Joined: 14 Apr 2011, 11:42
Location: McHenry County, IL

Well got shafted on a boat again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by begs » 23 Apr 2011, 23:33

lckstckn2smknbrls wrote:
begs wrote:
lckstckn2smknbrls wrote:Make sure both the boat and trailer have titles. A bill of sale doesn't work in ILL.

you cant file for a lost title, as for the trailer I know you can file for a homemade, I have done that before. but as for the boat you should beable to file for a lost title right? :wink:
The homemade trailer deal is long gone in Ill! If the boat is from Ill the dnr has a form you fill out giving them power of attorney. The best and easiest way is to have the title.

Wow I did hear about that, that is good to know. Thanks for the info, I will for sure make sure that everything has a title

User avatar
jellio5
Posts: 183
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 01:09
Location: Duluth MN

Well got shafted on a boat again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by jellio5 » 24 Apr 2011, 00:14

]
I am not saying that you have to say it is sold, what I have always told another person is here is the deal, I have a guy that is supposed to come and get it such and such time, and tell them I will call them and let them know if that guy don't show it is all yours. That is just the respectable thing to do. I know money talks but you have to give people the benefit of the doubt if you know what I am saying...
I'm right there with you on giving someone a call...had a deal a couple weeks ago where I had two people coming from about 3 hours away in different directions both called on a Tuesday with in minutes of each other and both said they could come on Saturday morning...the best I could do for either of them was tell them the first one here gets it and if it gets sold I will call and tell them it's been sold. I did feel bad for the couple that missed it they were about half way here and I had to tell them the other guy bought the item. At least they didn't get all the way here and find out it was sold. I felt bad enough to mail them a $20 for the gas they wasted driving half way here and back. Hope that eased there pain some.
If you need to find me I'm fishing.....just don't tell my wife.

“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

Post Reply