Finally got a boat HECK YEA!!!!!! Pics are up

Boating related questions,small projects, custom work and talk go here.
begs

Here we go 3rd time is the charm!!! edited my 1st post

Post by begs » 24 Apr 2011, 23:07

3rd time is the charm tomorrow!!!
Last edited by begs on 09 May 2011, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

Xtremeboats
imgonnamissher

Post by imgonnamissher » 25 Apr 2011, 00:17

Hope it all works out for you. Good Luck!!!!
2Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved.........rightly dividing the Word of truth."
Vintage OMC outboards and tin boats........need I say more?

Oldgeek

Post by Oldgeek » 25 Apr 2011, 09:40

Illinois has the worst arrangement for boats, trailers and motors. DMV will help you get license for the trailer, but then you have to fill out a form with DNR to get the boat registered. Motors don't need anything. I boat a boat in KC, Kansas and spent two months getting everything legal in Illinois. The only good thing that DNR does is allows you to use the form for 120 days while you wait for things to process.
I never learned a single thing while I was talking.

A 1989 Lowe 1640 Jon on a 1967 Art Roll trailer powered by a 1970 4 HP Mercury... no, I'm not in a hurry.

begs

Post by begs » 25 Apr 2011, 10:33

Oldgeek wrote:Illinois has the worst arrangement for boats, trailers and motors. DMV will help you get license for the trailer, but then you have to fill out a form with DNR to get the boat registered. Motors don't need anything. I boat a boat in KC, Kansas and spent two months getting everything legal in Illinois. The only good thing that DNR does is allows you to use the form for 120 days while you wait for things to process.
Yea I read that on the dnr website, u also have 60 days to beable to boat. To get everything swapped and taken care to register the boat in IL... Thanks for the heads up.

begs

Post by begs » 25 Apr 2011, 20:55

well if it aint one thing its another, guess I wasn't ment to have a boat lol oh well 4th time is the charm :x :cry: :cry: :cry:

imgonnamissher

not ment to have a boat. last post

Post by imgonnamissher » 25 Apr 2011, 22:53

begs wrote:well if it aint one thing its another, guess I wasn't ment to have a boat lol oh well 4th time is the charm :x :cry: :cry: :cry:
No.....you just weren't meant to have THAT boat. Patience, patience (as if I have any).......keep looking, your bound to find the perfect boat eventually - or simply buy the "not so perfect boat" and then mod it to be the perfect boat!! :D
2Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved.........rightly dividing the Word of truth."

begs

Post by begs » 25 Apr 2011, 23:01

imgonnamissher wrote:
begs wrote:well if it aint one thing its another, guess I wasn't ment to have a boat lol oh well 4th time is the charm :x :cry: :cry: :cry:
No.....you just weren't meant to have THAT boat. Patience, patience (as if I have any).......keep looking, your bound to find the perfect boat eventually - or simply buy the "not so perfect boat" and then mod it to be the perfect boat!! :D
Well so far I wasn't meant to have any boat. LOL

as for patience we all have patience or we wouldn't be fishing

as for the perfect boat :roll: not looking for that, but am and have been looking for the not so perfect and that is the 3 that have all been #-o #-o

oh well back to the drawing board if I have any money left, after putting gas in the dang cars LOL

jellio5

Post by jellio5 » 26 Apr 2011, 00:44

It'll happen it's just a matter of time....remember not to look on C-list unless you can step out the door and go look at it right then an there. Hang in there.
If you need to find me I'm fishing.....just don't tell my wife.

“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

clarkbre

Post by clarkbre » 26 Apr 2011, 01:19

Another idea would be posting a want ad on craigslist. Say that you're a motivated buyer with cash in hand. You might be the one turning sellers away. It's worth a try.
2000 Lund WC16, 1997 Suzuki DT15C
My Build Thread: http://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic ... 21&t=13889

MDFisherman57

Post by MDFisherman57 » 26 Apr 2011, 07:24

yea like he said post a wanted ad in different areas. like subject WAnted or WTB 14' - 16' aluminum v hull boat

Then in your description type in needs to be on a trailer with a motor. Priced around blah blah blah. (name a somewhat fair price) then put may pay more for newer and well maintained. Email me with information and description.

Ive done this for my outboard that was a 2000 15 hp yamaha 4 stroke and got a great deal for only 750. My price was between 400 - 600 for a motor but added the extra information for people to put a newer outboard outboard close to the price and bam found this great motor. Whats nice to is most people probibly dont have thier boat up at that point so you have time to get it. Truth is, when you see a deal you need to drop everything and drive straight for it because things go quick as you can see.

Oldgeek

Post by Oldgeek » 26 Apr 2011, 09:28

It took me two months of looking to find the "deal" I wanted. This is the hot time of the year with lots of people wanting boats, so more competition. You'll find the one.
I never learned a single thing while I was talking.

A 1989 Lowe 1640 Jon on a 1967 Art Roll trailer powered by a 1970 4 HP Mercury... no, I'm not in a hurry.

begs

Post by begs » 27 Apr 2011, 23:39

Thanks guys for all the information, and also the confidence booster :D I know I will find one and when I do I will be happy and ready to do some fishing on the open water.

I will keep on searching till I find that deal that was worth waiting for and when I do you will all know LOL :LOL2:

begs

fingers crossed for another one....

Post by begs » 09 May 2011, 18:19

ok here we go again 16' alum 4 bench boat, I have a 57 35hp evinrude to go on the back of it this should be a good....I will put pics up when it is in my driveway.....
[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

fingers crossed for me guys [-o< [-o< [-o<

begs

Post by begs » 11 May 2011, 18:47

=D> =D> yea I finally got a boat. 16' Aerocraft v-hull... Will be hooking up a 1957 35hp evinrude to the back of it.... Man I can't wait. This is going to be sweet

imgonnamissher

Post by imgonnamissher » 11 May 2011, 22:26

begs wrote:=D> =D> yea I finally got a boat. 16' Aerocraft v-hull... Will be hooking up a 1957 35hp evinrude to the back of it.... Man I can't wait. This is going to be sweet
Awesome!!! =D> I'm happy to hear it. Let's see some pics and hear about the future plans for her.