Non Slip Deck Coatings

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobt

Reaction score
Looking for feedback on using a non-slip coating in a lowe 1448MT over the aluminum floors and even the front and rear plywood decks?

Any experience or recommendations with particular diy applied products? I haven't been able to find any kind of ratings or comparative views, so I am looking for a little help here. Currently researching Durabak, Grizzly Grip, Ultra Tuff Marine nonskid but would consider any brand.

We were on a path to using Nautolex Marine vinyl flooring but thought we'd give a coating one last consideration before ordering.

Please let me know of your experiences or opinions, thanks

I'm preppin to use the garage floor epoxy they sell at the HD lowes, etc. I know it works great on the wood, and with good prep I've researched no issues with the aluminum either. Was gonna go with rhino liner, but the garage floor stuff is a nice light grey that should keep the temp down when it's scorchin outside

One simple way to create a light-weight non-skid is to paint on one full coat ( or more) of your chosen paint. Then, after applying the second coat; let it get tacky and sprinkle large grained (sea) salt..or regular salt...

Let the paint dry thoroughly, and then wash the salt off. The salt will dissolve and leave a nice patterned non-skid.

Try it on a sample piece of wood or decking first. regards, Rich

Latest posts