Wiring protection.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucescoflathead

Reaction score
I'm going to try to explain my project as I need some help. I need to run wiring along the inside of my boat.There are spaces between the tank seats and side.I think they're called gunnels. I need to use something to protect the wiring as I run it down these gunnels. The problem is I have mounted my Blue Water LEDs on the sides. The wires will have to be spliced together then dropped down from the gunnels.

What I need is something that will protect the wires, but let me fish wires out the bottom, so I can splice them. I already trashed wiring conduit I bought at Lowes. Any help would be appreciated. I was thinking about 1/2 flexible electrical conduit like contractors use in houses. I would have to drill holes in the bottom to fish out the wires. Thanks Todd

You can buy long pieces of various size "heat shrink tube" that is very durable. That's most likely what I am going to use on mine. There is also the flexible wire wrap that is rather timely to install, but works very well.

I used PVC and cut it in half and ran it in the gap between the rib and the hull. I siliconed it in and then ran the wires through it. I could have drilled a hole anywhere and ran a wire down anywhere I needed. You can see it in this picture.
0806090946.jpg

Latest posts