Wooden gunnel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxz02

Reaction score
Hey all I have a old 12' criscraft or star craft and I am wanting to replace the seats which have peeling vinyl on them with wood. I also want to replace the aluminum gunnels with wood as well. I am repainting the unpleasant yellow paint with dark green so I would like a wood and stain combo that really looks good against the paint. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. What would be the best way to attach the new wood gunnel since the original is aluminum.

Thanks

-Adam

Welcome to the site.

One of our members replaced his gunnel with wood. It's somewhere in the mod section. Pretty sure it was a v-hull. As I remember, it involved soaking the lumber to allow for the bend and bolting it on.

It came out looking really good.

I can't remember his moniker but he's from Mulvane, KS. He did a pretty amazing job with his v-bottom. As I recall he gutted the whole thing and made an elaborate interior with lots of storage. I don't know how to search for members. I am sure of the town though because I have family from that area.

Latest posts