15' ouchita

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarongreen123

Reaction score
Hello,
A buddy of mine has a 15' ouchita aluminum v hull on a trailer that he wants to sell me. i have been looking for the vitals on the boat online, but can't find any mention of a 15' model in 1972, is it possible that its not 15' even if the reg says it is? i realize its possible that there isn't anything listed anywhere, does anyone know of any thing similar to this? if it is 15' what would the capacity be, and would my 72 9.5 move it good enough to get around, not much water to cover. any info or insight on the boat would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

It's quite possible for the registration to say one thing and have the boat measure another. Seems to be a bit more prevalent around the 16ft range.

I think you should get around 10-15mph with that motor.

just so i am clear, when measuring this type of boat, is it measured from the tip of the bow to the top of the transom? or is it some sort of waterline measurement?

thanks!

Measure bow to stern.

FYI, apparetnly there are some rules that apply to 16ft and larger boats that don't to those that are under 16ft in the registration process. I assume money is part of the reason. I don't know the specifics, other than it may be a reason why it was put down as a 15 even if the boat measures 16 or greater. It's also common for boats not to be built in exact foot measurements and are simply rounded to the closest foot for simplicity.

think 500 bucks is fair for this thing if it floats and the trailer will get it home? hard to go wrong it seems....

cool, the one he is referring to is definitly a v-hull, but that is some extremely cool mods in that link

Latest posts