1756 vs 1860

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badbagger

Reaction score
Looking around for a new to me all welded jon. Looking at G3's - Roughnecks and maybe the Trackers. In general I know the wider the better, the 1' in length isn't a big deal to me although I wouldn't mind it. Can anyone chime in on width? For those who have been in something similar, is there really that big of a difference between a 56" and 60" width? I was flip flopping between side vs a center console and probably going to stick with a center console. My old boat, G3 1652 had a center console. I've never fished a 1756 or 1860 so hence the question. Seems sellers are all asking "pie in the sky" prices at this time of year so I may hold off until the fall or later in hopes of a better deal since I'm buying cash.

Thanks

yes the extra width makes a big difference. The 1860 is 83"+/- at the beam vs the 1756's 78"+/- beam. I know 5" doesn't seem like much but you have to consider that the whole boat gets bigger not just the width. When you have three large passengers aboard this extra width makes a bid difference. It also helps in choppy water. I have a Starcraft Rogue 1860 and it's very stable in flat and choppy water. It's even survived a midnight run through the mouth of the Merrimack River https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrimack_River