Bimini or Canopy for a 1542 Jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knox37

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with finding one that works good. I want something kinda low to keep the sun off my 2 year old when she is out with me.

knox37 said:
Has anyone had any luck with finding one that works good. I want something kinda low to keep the sun off my 2 year old when she is out with me.

You should be able to order one through Cabela's, Bass Pro or an online company and have one that fits perfectly to your needs. What's important is the width of your gunnel's and how tall you want it. You may be able to find one on craigslist.

My gunnel's are 71 inches wide and the bimini I found on craigslist was 73 - 74" wide. They are capable of flexing 3 inches in or out so the bimini I got would work with a 70" - 76" width. If your gunnel's are like mine where they are not flat, but slightly angled, then you will need to find a pair of universal hinges like in this image.

!B25,Z3QEWk~$(KGrHqMOKj0E)oHz+VzSBMkRMCQ6EQ~~_12.JPG

When I get home this evening I'll take a picture of my boat with the top up. I'm thinking of cutting mine down 6" to a foot due to it's size.

Here's a picture of the top I got, not on the boat: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=192153#p192153

**update**

Found this one on craigslist. However, I paid half the ad's asking price for mine.
https://batonrouge.craigslist.org/boa/2360366292.html

Knox, I put one on this year for my daughter too. Works fine, no problems at all. I bought it from Cabela's, right around $130 I think. I went with the two bow, thinking it would take up less space when stored. It covers the back half of the boat and leaves the front open for me to fish.

Attachments

• bimini 3.JPG
    bimini 3.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,047
  • bimini 2.JPG
    bimini 2.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,047
  • bimini 1.JPG
    bimini 1.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,047
Ictalurus said:
Knox, I put one on this year for my daughter too. Works fine, no problems at all. I bought it from Cabela's, right around $130 I think. I went with the two bow, thinking it would take up less space when stored. It covers the back half of the boat and leaves the front open for me to fish.

That was the one I was looking at 130.00 @ Cabelas just wanted to know if it was mountable on my Jon because the top lip of the boat is thin and round. It looks like the previous owner had one on but took it off before he sold it. Thanks for the input guys.

Latest posts