1648 War Eagle - Kick Plate / Storage Options

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuducks

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how I can fab up a kick plate for my boat. I currently have a SlideMaster manual jack plate with a 40hp 2-stroke yamaha on the back of it (elect. trim/tilt). I don't really want to add a manufactured kick plate because the motor already sits 6" off the transom as it is, so ANY ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I am about to begin modifying my front deck in order to gain more storage space. I took the factory dry box out to get more room in the back of the boat. I don't want to cut into any of the existing decks for storage because I'm trying to keep the flotation the same. My plans are to raise the lower deck up so that it is level with the upper deck. Once they are level I want to build a dry storage box that comes back about 20" right off of the new deck. I hate to waste the space that will be created in between the factory deck and the new one, so I thought I could either add more flotation to the front of the boat or possibly cut out some shallow compartments for added storage.

If anyone has fooled with this kind of thing before (especially on a war eagle) please let me know! I need all the help/ideas I can get! I'll try to get some pictures up soon. Thanks!

Not much love for war eagles on this site, dont know why...
I have the same boat , and love it!
Dont know about the jack plate issue, sorry.
As far as storage, plenty of good ideas on here to check out,
good luck to ya!!

I was starting to wonder if I did something wrong haha! after a few days there was 50 somethin views and no replies...i love the boat too! have you done anything to yours?

It does pretty good. I've clocked it at 41 with just me in the boat. It runs about 38-39 with another passenger, my dog, and gear. It would be nice to have a boat with a 25 on it for the arkansas trips. I couldn't go this past season cause the boat we were using wasn't available...in my opinion there's really nothing wrong with the way war eagles are set up. It's more or less boredom why I'm wanting to modify the deck.

latheman said:
Not much love for war eagles on this site, dont know why...

War Eagles are very nice boats, War Eagle certainly thinks so too, they are very expensive. You can sure do a lot to a boat for the price of a War Eagle, IMO.

If you price express,tracker,sea ark or other all welded boats ther not that bad. Besides I bought mine used for a good price!

Latest posts