jon boat upgrade

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmbr1zero

Reaction score
I am adding a spray on liner to the inside of my river and creek jon boat. Was wondering if any body has used black before? And if so how hot does it get. I can use a different color but black is alot cheaper. Keep in mind texas summers always reach the triple digit marks. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I also live in TX most of the year. I wouldn't do it.

I'd think that gray carpet, which covers many bass boats in our region, would be better. I recently bought my first tin boat. It is covered in the grey carpet and I like the feel and comfort of it. I haven't been through a TX summer with it yet, though.
regards, Rich

reedjj said:
Probably pretty friggin Hot!

But why cant you just roll or rattle can some cheap white paint over it once you get it sprayed in? That should do the trick.

Because white will reflect the sun so you're going to get burnt twice. 8)

Dont do it in black. i carpeted in black and regret it. It looks cool, till you step in it and theres a footprint. It shows dirt better than anything. And it's really hot even up here in WI. I'd die down in Texas with black.

If you have a spray on liner in your truck, open the gate and let it sit in the sun for say 20 mins.... That's how it's going to feel in your boat.... HOT. Especially in TX!

I too live in WI and it would even cook up here!

I have a friend that installs spray liners and I know there is quite the color palette now days. Good luck.

I had mine done in an olive green. I can't really say how well it does in the heat yet. The warmest it's been while I was on the water has been around 85. 8) But at that temp, you can walk all over it barefoot with no problems. The guys were right about the color palette. The shop that sprayed mine told me to run to Sherwin-Williams and get a color sample of what I wanted and they would match it. He said they can spray any color SW has... I'll update once we get to our normal 105+ days in July and August... :twisted:

Latest posts