lower end oil

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamrozy

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a mercury merc 110 9.8 I just bought from a friend. I'm trying to ad oil to the lower end. I removed the vent screw up top and the fill screw at the bottom but when I try to ad oil I can't get any to go in no matter how hard I try.any ideas? Help please!!

Hope you removed the right screws.The 2 screws you removed should be straight slot.

The phillips is for the shift fork. [-X

yea i removed the right screws and i am trying to fill from the bottom but cant get any oil to go in. not shure what the problem is.

a little but not much he hasnt ran it in about a year but he said when he did it was real hard to get it to take oil

Maybe there is dirt by the drain hole.

Be VERY careful what I'm going to suggest.

With ONLY 3 lbs(more will blow your seals) pressure, put a little air in the top hole.That should push the oil out.Than I would put some fuel oil in there to rinse it out.

After cleaning, put some 80-90w gear lube in it.(try to warm lube before installing)

Did you cut the end of the gear oil tube?

Did you remove the paper under the nozzle?

Can you push oil out of the bottle when it's not inserted in the foot?

These may seem obvious, but I have done both.

thanks for the help guys i got it there was a peice of somthing in the hole it looked like an old gasket or somthing.

Latest posts