New to me 1979 15ft Fisher Marine

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ITGuy

Reaction score
:D

Finally was able to get another boat. Bought one last year and then sold it right away due to having a surgery and missing a bunch of work. So here is my New to me 15ft 1979 Fisher Marine. Just picked it up today. Think I got a pretty good deal, picked her up for $850.

It is already decked and the deck is in OK condition. Carpet is worn but OK. The decking structure is all aluminum and there is aluminum over the plywood. Seems nice and solid. There are a few dings, dents, and even a repair weld on the bow area. Tires are in like new condition. Came with trailer and a 1979 Johnson 25 HP. It has two pedestal seats (great condition, bench seat, two batteries, a Minn Kota bow trolling motor, two batteries, gas tank, two anchors with winches (one on bow one on stern), Eagle fish finder, live well, new spare tire, removable running lights, and one pdf cushion.

I was hoping to find one with a 10 HP or under engine since most places I will go will require this, but guess I will just have to find one or trade for one maybe.

Well here she is. Tell me what you guys think. As for now I am going to leave the layout the way it is since it's set up fairly basic.

Click on any of the pics to view larger.

Picked up all kinds of goodies for the boat today.

Battery Charger, winch strap and hook, motor flusher, fire extinguisher, oar, small boat pole, oil, and some stainless steel screws.

I also put an emergency & first aid kit. Basic store bought first aid kit, marine radio, whistle, Mini Mag flashlight, solar flashlight, AA batteries, cyalume sticks, lighter, and I will probably throw in a handful of other things. I have all of these packed nicely in a Pelican 1300 case. I will find a place under the steering to keep this so it is easily accessible.

I plan on getting a small tool kit together as well. Even though I am not the most mechanical guy.

Won't get her on the water till later next week. Then I will figure where to place rod holders and such. Suggestions always welcome on what else to add.

Was just messing around with the 25HP Johnson. The guy I bought it from hadn't started it this year and said it ran fine last year and was still winterized. After about 15 minutes of playing with it, it started. A bit rough at first and a high idle with a bit of popping and sputtering. After about 5-10 minutes of running it, it was idling pretty good and it would start right up without the choke every time I turned the key. So of course I'm excited that she runs good. Can't wait to get her out later this week and see how she is on the water.

The boat is right at 15 ft long. The Bottom (widest part of the floor) is around 40 inches, couldn't get an exact measurement since there is a side panel on each side. The beam (top) is 58 inches wide.

Attachments

• DSC00054.jpg
    DSC00054.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 504
  • DSC00055.jpg
    DSC00055.jpg
  • DSC00053.jpg
    DSC00053.jpg
  • DSC00052.jpg
    DSC00052.jpg