New and I want your input

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bs1827

Reaction score
Hey everyone! My name is Brent and I've been bass fishing for about 3 years now. I'm currently in college so money for a project is a little tight, but I'll make it work. I'm contemplating purchasing my friends boat, which is a 16' 1970's Lund. I do not yet know the width or the depth of the boat. That is currently all I know about it, but I will be checking it out next week. Here are the pictures he sent me.

3n83m23o05T55W45P4b4g5dad7c68a5b51eeb.jpg

3n03kc3l85Y55Z25W4b4g9a8cff805afc1524.jpg

3n33p13l25Y15O15T2b4g97ce9537b8ba1222.jpg

As I said before, I really enjoy bass fishing. Most of my fishing is done on a small lake that is electric motors only. I am in college so I'm on a pretty tight budget. Therefore, I will most likely not have a outboard motor, unless I find a really good deal. I will definitely be mounting a bow mounted trolling motor. 99% of the time there will be 2 people fishing out of this boat, both of us are about 175lbs. I'd really like to have a front casting deck and a floor. Both of us would much rather stand than sit while we are fishing. Would a front casting deck be safe for one of us to stand on and maybe lean on a butt seat while the other stands on the floor in the middle/back? Or would this be too unstable? From what little you can see, do you think this would be a good platform for me? Sorry I don't have exact specs. on the boat. I will update as soon as I can.

Is it really a 16 footer? It just looks a little smaller to me. If it is I hope there is a trailer or you can leave it on the water. 16 foot boats are a little heavy for putting in the back of a truck or on a car top. Lund is a great brand. Step one is to fill it with water with a garden hose to check for leaks.

Dialtone said:
Is it really a 16 footer? It just looks a little smaller to me. If it is I hope there is a trailer or you can leave it on the water. 16 foot boats are a little heavy for putting in the back of a truck or on a car top. Lund is a great brand. Step one is to fill it with water with a garden hose to check for leaks.

You know, I was thinking the same thing. I thought it looked a little short myself, but he claims its a 16'. As I said before, I've yet to see it in person. I'll get measurements when I go and look at it. Do you think the sides look deep enough?

It actually doesn't come with a trailer :( , but that is my #1 priority after I purchase the boat. To get it home we'll just put it on a flatbed that we own.

I forgot to mention that I also own media blasting equipment, a large compressor, an air sander, more air tools, saws, and we MIGHT have a riviting tool laying around somewhere. So I think I should be good tools.

i have a 30lb thrust minn-kota on my john it pushes my boat 3mph. if it were my only form of power i would want more thrust.you get more power for the money with transom mounts. bps house brand is $200 for 55lb thrust.

Also, does anyone have any idea what model or year this boat is? Just curious myself. Can't seem to find one like it.

All that info should be on the title, and if he does not have a title, I would look elsewhere. In Texas even if its a trolling motor only and no as motor you still have to have a title, so check that out first. Check your states game wardens about a title.

Latest posts