Concrete boat ramps

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Lariscy

Reaction score
How do yall keep your tinboats off concrete boat ramps? I hate having mine grinding against concrete as thin as the hull is but today there was no where else to get in the boat because there were rocks on either side. :evil: Is there anything that could be applied to protect the hull from such damage, I had one linexed but it was so grippy it was hard to jump/pull over logs in the creek.

Im guessing your asking this because you don't have a trailer and you oad it in and out of a pick up at the ramp??

Maybe some steel flex would solve your problem. Or some of the products they use for coating airboat hulls for running them on dry ground as well. Frog spit, baby $h1t, and a few other products that protect and are designed to be slick.

It's funny,your worried about concrete ramps and in the same statement talk about jumping logs and pulling the boat over them.
Aluminum hulls will take some abuse,the concrete ramps wil scratch it up abit but the jumping of logs will hurt alot more.
Like mentioned above,from what I've read steelflex should help with the scratching and maybe even the hauling over stuff,not sure on the jumping though:)

you could get a keel guard they can be installed on tin boats
it works great on my triton.
hambees is another brand of keel guard that will work. they aren't cheap
but they do a great job

I have a trailer but you still have to pull the boat up to get in it and concrete is many times more abrasive than any log I have ever seen I am not necessarily jumping but powering over them. I am looking at steel flex now and it seems like a good idea.

Latest posts