Tracker Keel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrackerTX

Reaction score
Does anyone no what to expect if I were to pull keel off of the hull of my tracker? Are the two side like riveted together underneath and then the keel is applied over them and riveted to the side? The reason being is it looks like the PO tried to seal up the keel by drilling hole in one side of the keel and injecting sealer into the holes? I have also found some small (1-3in) cracks on one side just behind where the hull goes flat heading towards the stern. I was thinking about covering the whole bottom in Gluvit after getting the cracks fixed.
Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks

I pulled mine and was glad I did. From the inside, I could not see the crack in the hull, but once I got the keel off...I saw the light and not in a good way!

I found around a 6 inch crack in the weld of all places, I was able to bang it into shape and use some alumarods to braise it back, I then layed a thick bead of 5200 on both sides and replaced the rivets with 1/4-20 stainless hardware and nylock nuts with fender washers. Added a dab of 5200 to each bolt and tightened everything down. In the process I actually pulled some dents out! I am quite happy I did it...just my opinion :)
:D