any ideas for mounting holder 4 pliers and other tools???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good Ol Sarge

Reaction score
hi i have a grizzly tracker 1448. there is a track system to mount accessories on the side walls, i can buy the accessory mounts from tracker, however they are very expensive, so id like to make my own. i want to mount a tool holder or something to hold my pliers, line clippers and any other small tools that i use. does anybody have any ideas or photos? i thought about mounting a cup holder and just using that. please let me know what you guys think. thanks!!!!!

I bought a holder for those items that mounts under your seat, so they are handy all the time. Remove those items in rough water though so they don't come flying at you.

old surplus ammo cans, you can mount them by taking the lid off, put some shop rags in the bottom to keep the tools quiet and then seal it back up.

Good Ol Sarge said:
hi i have a grizzly tracker 1448. there is a track system to mount accessories on the side walls, i can buy the accessory mounts from tracker, however they are very expensive, so id like to make my own. i want to mount a tool holder or something to hold my pliers, line clippers and any other small tools that i use. does anybody have any ideas or photos? i thought about mounting a cup holder and just using that. please let me know what you guys think. thanks!!!!!

I'm going to use some 2 - 2.5 (I suppose even larger if you wanted a tray but caps would be expensive probably) pvc pipe cut to the length I need and capped on the bottom then held on with 1/4 inch carriage bolts. Like what some on here make for rod holders only shorter. I'm like you, those versa trac accessories are ridiculously priced.

I also seen a tool holder in cabelos I believe that you could use the carriage bolts to hold on.

I use these to hold baits, tools, cokes, etc. and love em. Got two, one for the front and one for the back.

https://www.tempress.com/shop#ecwid:category=442156&mode=product&product=1527471

I took off the suction cups and pop riveted a conduit hanger so it would hang from the gunwale. Put some shrink wrap on the hanger to protect the boat finish and I use a small bungee cord to keep it from flying out or rattling around. Works great. Bought em at Academy Sports, but I think Wal Mart has something very similar now too.

Skidz

I bought a plastic tool holder deal from Menards for $5. I attached it and glued on some strong magnets to hold hooks and stuff. Comes in at under a pound and works great to hold anything I may need.

thanks for all the ideas guys! i think im gonna try that small pvc idea for the pliers and a knife that you mentioned parkerdog!
im also am gonna pick up that little storage piece that you posted bcbouy! its on cabelas for 12 bucks! i think the ammo can would be a little too big, although i do have several of them lying around, they are very handy though.
thanks again guys!

Latest posts