Question for you guys

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdale

Reaction score
I found this site while looking up information on a 1232 boat that Academy Sports sells

I'm a Disabled Vet looking for a boat to take my son fishing and bowfishing, So I was hoping to get a boat that will not be to hard for me to deal with loading and unloading. However from what I have read on this site I see most people say that the 1232 is too narrow for my intended purpose due to instability.

I know it's not a tin boat but would I be better off with a "bass hound" plastic type boat https://www.amazon.com/KL-Industries-Water-Quest-Fishing/dp/B002GO6BU6/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I312U53XEJAWGF&colid=12DY8KA9EO5KY or would I be better off with a 1232

I'm on a limited budget of $1200, so what would you guys recommend with such a small boat budget?

Thanks
Tim
DFW Area, TX

Something to look into. Lowe Boats has a veteran's discount program on their boats. =D> Might want to check it out. I am also a vet, but right now my budget can't afford a new boat even with the discount. But when I'm able to afford it, I WILL be taking advantage of this discount!

Tdale,
Welcome and thanks for joining. That boat in your link has very limited leg space. I do not recommend it. I have fished out of the exact same boat. If going that route i would look for a pelican/basshunter. They are pontoon style and more stable than that boat.

Check out directboats.com for the 11 footers. I have one of those too. Great little boat for 2 people on small waters. Bowhunting will be less than ideal, but will work.

https://www.directboats.com/minibassboats.html

Also if time is not an issue you can score a really nice older boat off of craigslist if your timing is right.

Good luck,
Jim

thank you for the link and advice,

The Pontoon boats do seem more stable, and they are less expensive. The basshunter might just be the ticket for this summer until I can save up for a 1648 or larger jon boat

Hey tdale!

I have a Pelican Bass Raider 10e Deluxe. I paid $550 for it at Academy Sports and Outdoors. The stability is amazing for a 10 foot boat. The link is in my signature if you would like to take a look at it. If you have any questions feel free to message me.

Thanks,
Fishin'Fool

I'd check craigslist.com frequently. For $1200 you can find a really nice set up, boat, motor and trailer. Just make sure you check it all out before buying. Make sure they have titles for everything too, makes life a lot easier.