Outboard kill switch with lanyard?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireshadow

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good kill switch with lanyard. I fish a lot with just my little one and was thinking the other day that I need to find one of these just incase I get knocked overboard or something else happens I don't want the going along without me. It would be on a 1963 evinrude 18 hp.

Cabelas carries a universal kill switch lanyard for around $15 that has several different ends on it to fit most outboards. I have also seen them at my local Walmart.
Here's a link to Cabelas:
https://www.cabelas.com/watersport-accessories-universal-outboard-kill-switch-keys-lanyard-1.shtml?type=product&WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleBaseUSA&WT.z_mc_id1=700128&rid=40&mr:trackingCode=3E04DE51-F5D2-DF11-82EF-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA

Dave

Not sure what type of kill switch is on the motor you have...I'm guessing it's a push button type kill switch. Walmart carries a universal one as well with several options for size.....I'm not sure it's right but I got one of those and attached it to the choke lever on my Evinrude...I tested it several times and it shuts down the motor just fine when activated.

also check anywhere by you that sells motocross stuff kill switches are manditory if you race a quad/bike.

Latest posts