Sold my boat yesterday... Got the new one today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minicuda

Reaction score
So I finally decided the flat bottom g3 was not the boat for me.... I've known for awhile I needed a deep v. Put the g3 up for sale it went fast 2 days

This is the old boat I sold 2003 G3 1648 actually newer than my new boat
morestuff255.jpg

And the "NEW" old boat 1976 Starcraft Holiday 16 Aluminum with 85 horse Merc
newboatstuff203.jpg

newboatstuff204.jpg

newboatstuff202.jpg

newboatstuff201.jpg

This is going to be my Kokanee killing machine!

junksta said:
I'm REALLY likin the lines of your new boat, the size, layout. Boat envy.
:D

Thanks I'm really excited. I found this boat on craigslist while mine was still for sale. Had mine sold just had to deliver it had an appointment with the owner of this boat the next morning and he sold it to someone else that eve. Long story short I tracked the guy down that bought it from him and bought off him for a few hundred more. I just couldn't let this one go.

reedjj said:
Man I love those old big lake v-hulls... You gonna just leave it alone? LOL!

What are youl plans? A little more modern Big walleye style boat?

Lol ! I'm trying to leave it alone but I just can't!
It will be all set up for lake trolling and towing the kids. I mostly fish for kokanee. Downriggers and new fish finder is on top of the list. Going to replace the floor right away it has a few soft spots. New seats I have some nice red ones I'll probably throw in right away. After summer I want to tear it down and do a full resto with new paint and interior.

Thats an upgrade alright....sweet boat....you now you've hit the big time when your boat has windshield wipers. =D>

jellio5 said:
Thats an upgrade alright....sweet boat....you now you've hit the big time when your boat has windshield wipers. =D>
LOL...Do they still qualify as big time if you have to crank them yourself?

Looks real well kept. Don't mean to derail the thread but what is a Kokanee? I don't believe I have ever heard of them. Some kind of Salmon or Trout?

Mike P said:
Looks real well kept. Don't mean to derail the thread but what is a Kokanee? I don't believe I have ever heard of them. Some kind of Salmon or Trout?
Kokes are landlock sockeye salmon. Very good eating some of the best tasting table fish you can find. Lots of fun to catch our local lake Green Peter has a 25 fish limit.

Riped out the seats putting a new floor and carpeting in. New red seats only 2 up front on boxes with swivels. I have some mazda extended cab jump seat hinges I'm going to use to put a bench in back that will fold up out of the way when fishing. Plan on painting all the brown red very soon. This will be an inside out rebuild. I'll start a build thread as soon as I get some real work done.

Latest posts