T-slot rails added to boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loonatic

Reaction score
Good day all:

I just joined today, but have been lurking for a few weeks, looking for ideas.
One of the main uses for my boats is waterfowl photography, and I am always tinkering with them to improve my results.

My little boat is a 1237 Starcraft jon boat. I am interested in adding some T-slot rails to it inorder to allow flexible mounting of items, mainly camera related, but possibly for a blind.

I know that a number of manufacturers now use a T-slot type cap rail, but I really don't want to remove my existing rail. The initial thought would be to run a flat rail, 1.5" wide and 1" tall just beneath the existing cap rail. Because of the seat layout, would not be able to run this continously, but rather would have a short segment between each seat, and perhaps one on the front rail on the bow.

My plan would be to pop rivet the t-slot rail in place. 80/20 is a company that supplies a huge variety of profiles.

I have done several searches on this site but didn't come across this exact topic, and hope someone can chime in.

Thanks so much in advance.

Cheers

Randy

Attachments

• 1534-Lite-Profile.jpg
    1534-Lite-Profile.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 510

Latest posts