small boat decision

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diabetik11

Reaction score
would you rather have a 10 ft jon boat or one of those bass hunter plastic ones(they look like mini pontoons), i will mainly use it for duck hunting and fishing small bodies of water. what one would be more stable?

I don't have any experience with a 10ft jon, but I do own a "pond prowler" which is what your describing and its awesome. Very stable, much wider than a jon, and can still fit between the wheel wells of a newer Toyota Tacoma.

Go with a Mini Pontoon. Its way more stable and comfortable to fish from. I have a Pelican Bass Raider 10e Deluxe, and i love it! Its way more stable than a 10 foot john.

I have a 10 ft Bass Hunter and absolutely love it except for how the wind affects it. It really pushes it around a good bit.

Don't know what kind of terrain you will be hunting in and while these other boats will be more stable, the tin boat will require no maintenence. Sunlight will kill the plastic if not kept under a shed; speaking from experience! Hope this helps and "Good Luck"! :) 8)

The plastic boats are nice until they get a leak. It's very hard to get them dry(lite) again.

Latest posts