My front bumper mounted trailer hitch. WORKS GOOD.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty.hook

Reaction score
I got to thinking about some of the guys on here are having a problem backing their boats up at the boat ramp or other places. When I had my 25’ motorhome and a 17’ Skeeter bass boat I could not see the trailer when backing up.
I solved my problem real easy. I had a temporary front trailer hitch built that I could bolt it on when going to the lake or just plain fishing local. It would clamp on the front bumper and had its own ball. When I got to the campground, I would unhitch and turn the motorhome around or move the trailer to the front and rehitch. I would drive/push the boat to the ramp, unload my boat and back up and push the trailer with the motorhome back to my camping spot. When loading, I would drive to the boat ramp, load up and move trailer to the back again for the trip home. Man did I have a lot of lookers and folks following me back to my camping spot to check my front mounted hitch. It worked great all the years I had the motorhome and boat. You could mount this front hitch on your truck, suv, or car if possible.

I've seen trucks with a hitch on the front but never seen it being used.

We had a front hitch on my granpas truck came in real handy. It was an extremely tight fit parking the boat in the garage front hitch made it easy. He also would use it to launch the boat when the camper was on the truck.

I also had a 3/4 ton super cab pickup beefed up all around and a 10' cabover camper that I had one made for and used it for approx 3 years. It stayed on permanently, I just removed the ball after trips.

My Mom-In-Law did this for years with her campers. She had a goal of camping in every state park in Texas (and there's a lot of 'em). I know she made it to most of them.

lbursell said:
My Mom-In-Law did this for years with her campers. She had a goal of camping in every state park in Texas (and there's a lot of 'em). I know she made it to most of them.

My favorite campground of all time was KOA at Houston County Lake, in Crockett, Texas.
On Saturday night they used to have each camper bring a covered dish and then we would play BINGO, LOL
We fished with live waterdogs and caught some nice bass. My step-son caught an 8lb bass, the biggest he had ever caught, but had to throw it back because they had a slot limit and it was over the slot. The people at the marina/store would not weigh it because it was over the slot and illigal, but said we could. Super nice place

Had the same thing on my Tahoe. Had my wife's friend scratching his head one day when he asked why we had a hitch in the front. Wife's respose was "when we go camping, we pull the pop-up, and push the boat to the campsite, so we don't have to take two vehicles on vacation" or something along those lines.... it took him about five minutes to realize she was pulling his leg....not the sharpest tool I would say....haha :LOL2:

Latest posts