Shop Setup for working with aluminum

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_beerman

Reaction score
This boat mod hobby is addicting which naturally leads me to thinking about doing more.

I know some of you guys finish a build then move on to another so I'm assuming you have permanent shops. How are your shops setup? And what tools are required? I'm specifically interested in shops setup for working with aluminum. thanks

how's this list?
  • compressor and hoses
    pneumatic rivet gun
    chop saw
    band saw
    jig saw
    hole saw kit
    drill
    drill press
    sheet metal brake
    angle grinder with assorted disks and flap wheels
    sander
    bench
    vise
    welder with spool gun (if budget allows)
    safety gear

I am by far no expert at boat building, but I can tell you that an electricians knockout set will provide much cleaner and neater holes than a holesaw kit. If your investing money and want to do it right that will help ya alot. https://www.mygreenlee.com/GreenleeDotCom/Products/main.shtml?greenlee_category_id=2&product_category=139&adodb_next_page=1&adodb_next_page=7&adodb_next_page=6&adodb_next_page=5&portalProcess_2=showGreenleeProductTemplate&upc_number=34757

Clamps, clamps, some more clamps. I don't even want to go through and add up the dollar value for all the clamps that I have, and use on a regular basis. When they run 15-40 a piece, it adds up quickly.

Latest posts