bilge pumps

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ouachita

Reaction score
I got a deal on two new bilge pumps on the wal-mart clearance rack. $2.50 for a 500gph pump. I am planning on mounting one in both back corners. My question is if you can run two pumps to the same discharge port? I want to run them to a T fitting then to the outlet. I have never had a mounted bilge pump so this in new to me. Usually just get on plane and pull the plug

You can run them to one discharge, but why? I suggest that you run one and keep the other as a back -up or spare. They do not last long, a few seasons especially in the salt

I agree with Esquired on this one. I have a 16 foot G3 with the same 500gph pump and it more than adequately does the job!

If you need both going at the same time....You have bigger issues going on at that time (like saving yourself LOL!)

This is a flat bottom boat so depending on weight distribution any water will probably be to one side or the other. I was just wondering if they would fight against each other if one was delivering less flow than the other at any given time. 500 gph is not very much either so if I had a significant leak I don't know that one could handle it.

Latest posts