New Guy --Introduction

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Go Fish

Reaction score
Hey Everone!

I just joined the site and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a chemist working for a consulting company that would, at all times, rather be working on a boat or going fishing. I've been fly rodding for about 20 years and now I spend the spring and fall throwing feathers at stripers and the summer embarasing myself trying to land blue fin tuna on the fly.

My big(er) boat is a 22 foot Stratos center console that was brought back from the grave with a full refit and repower that took the last 5 seasons to complete.

My "Tin Boat" is a 2002 Crestliner Sportsman 16 with a 1995 Merc 25 tiller. It is a little bit beat up but the hull is sound and she'll be perfect for dealing with choppy water in the bays and on the flats around here.

FromBow-small.jpg

The plan is to put in a floating deck cored with marine ply and encapsulated in epoxy/glass. I'll likely paint the whole thing with non-slip to match the interion hull color. She'll get a trolling motor, some electronics, a stereo and lots of storage lockers. I've made some progress and I'll put up a post with some pictures soon.

I look forward to sharing ideas and laughs with this group!

Go Fish said:
Hey Everone!

My "Tin Boat" is a 2002 Crestliner Sportsman 16 with a 1995 Merc 25 tiller. It is a little bit beat up but the hull is sound and she'll be perfect for dealing with choppy water in the bays and on the flats around here.

!

Welcome aboard !
Looks pretty sharp to me.
If that's your idea of beat-up, I dare not show my boat, LOL. :LOL2:

Latest posts