New Toy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P

Reaction score
Finally got me a bow mount trolling motor to replace the flipped transom mount.

IMG00014-20110523-1557-1.jpg

I have tried to keep this boat wood free and had to figure out how to mount it as G3 does not have a mount built in the hull. Ended up bolting with 1/4X20 stainless bolts and nylock nuts with fender washers to the lip on the front, and was trying to figure out the rest and found 1" PVC couplings were the right height to use as spacers and bolted the rest down with 3/8X3" stainless lag bolts. Came out solid as a rock. If anyone is curious as I was, the foot pedal is long enough to reach the middle bench comfortably on a G3 1448

IMG00015-20110524-1052-1.jpg

Now I can fish from the center seat or stand and fish without the confined space of the 2' front deck. Am going to mount the transom mount back on the transom for longlining Crappie. Sure will be nice not being all contorted trying to fish now. Ran new wiring and will use the old outlet to plug in my lights for flounder gigging and shrimping.

Looks good!

Do those come with a power plug or do you have to buy it separate? (I'm getting my shopping list together)

Thanks

Latest posts