Another Middle Bench Removal

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinsMyLife

Reaction score
Picked up a 14'8" Duracraft with a 30 on the back not long ago..it'll move, but I haven't put it on the GPS yet.

Not sure if it originally had the third bench seat like a lot of Duracrafts do (if it was removed, they hid it well), but now it has the back seat, a wood floor (5'8" long), another bench (16"), and a 30" gap between the bench and the front seat.

dcdcdc.jpg

dcdc.jpg

I'm thinking about just pulling the seat, running a longer aluminum floor, and making a hatch in the back seat and add some of the lost floatation under the floor.

Plenty of floor room for duck decoys, coolers, climbing stand for corps land lake hunts, etc or rods and tackle boxes. Enough storage for me. Simpler might be better. My only concern would be structural integrity. That's an awful lot of unsupported side.

What say you?

That had me kind of worried, too. I might just go with a deck from the front seat to the bench. Rainy days/nights get me thinking :lol:

Latest posts