hydro-turf

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-MAN

Reaction score
ok im wanting something on my boat where i can just hose it off and dont have to worry abouthaving soaked wood/ carpet would hydroturf be a good idea? also does it get real hot to the touch? any advice will help. Tanks in advanced

Dont know about the turf but i wouldnt think it would be any better than carpet. Theres is a vinyl covering that is made for boats that would work well for this. I know bass pro carries it.

I used this
0922091023.jpg
0922091024.jpg
I bought this and added one quart of white latex paint to lighten it up. (recommended on the can)
I lightly scuffed the area to be painted and wiped it clean and then just brushed it on. Once dry it leaves a non skid surface and easily cleans up. It does get a bit hot for my bare feet, but not near as hot as the rest of the boat. Middle of the day heat it is a bit hot on the feet, but we are talking temps that are 90+.

huntinfool said:
I used this
View attachment 1

I bought this and added one quart of white latex paint to lighten it up. (recommended on the can)
I lightly scuffed the area to be painted and wiped it clean and then just brushed it on. Once dry it leaves a non skid surface and easily cleans up. It does get a bit hot for my bare feet, but not near as hot as the rest of the boat. Middle of the day heat it is a bit hot on the feet, but we are talking temps that are 90+.

Did you coat the decks( wood or aluminum) or did you spread all in the boat?

i used indoor/outdoor carpet from home depot(15.00). and liquid nails rolled out on the deck. worked great, does not get hot...

I have hydro-turf on my casting decks, which are aluminum, and It's easily the best mod I've ever done. It doesn't soak water like carpet, you can just spray off the mud, its non-slip, and it looks just the same as it did 2 years ago when it was installed. As far as the heat I would say its comparable to carpet.

T-MAN said:
huntinfool said:
I used this
View attachment 1

Did you coat the decks( wood or aluminum) or did you spread all in the boat?

I have a front deck that is aluminum and I extended it with plywood. I spread it over both and I have not had any problems.