New Guy With stupid floor question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skidboot77

Reaction score
Learning alot for someone with no skills. After reading all the post, I've decided to use 1/2 A/C Plywood coated with fiberglass resin with acetone. I've used that pink insulation for a template. Cut my plywood floor and supports. Now could I get some detailed instruction on cutting the fiberglass resin with acetone and applying without screwing up. My stupid question is do I use the cloth or just roll on with roller.

I work with fiberglass for a living. I personally would not put acetone in the resin. If you want your floor to last I would use straight resin and coat the wood until it is wet. Then I would apply one or two layers of 1.5oz. fiberglass mat. Cloth is good, but I don't really use it much. In my experience two 1.5 oz. mats is stronger that one cloth layer and about the same thickness.

Use epoxy resin instead of polyester, it will bond to the wood much better. One other positive note on epoxy is it doesn't smell.
I use it by itself to seal the wood, no fiber glass needed. Use a squeegee instead of a brush to move it around the wood. Then use a brush for the edges.

No such thing as a stupid question. (I've asked many here.) It's why I like this forum so much. I agree with not cutting the resin. Also, fiberglas cloth is used to add strength. If the floor is well supported, you can skip the cloth.

My humble opinion.