Extra stability ideas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taterosu

Reaction score
My build is lacking stability on the side to side movement. Also while im building something for this I want to build some more flotation for the rear of the boat. Everthing in the boat and two people is a little to much weight for adding an outboard of any size. Ive seen builds with float boxes on the back for larger motors and wondered if anyone has tried something like this on the sides for stability. Ive got a few ideas but still need some advice and maybe even a previous build to look at. Thanks for any help in advance.

I also had stability issues with my 1232. When I first got the boat it was decked out front and rear.... nicknamed the SS Capsize. When I rebuilt it I just put a low floor in the middle and mounted the seats to the benches on 7" pedestals...left my floor low in the front also....for a livewell I rigged up a cooler livewell that I would put dead center in the boat running lengthwise, it worked out pretty good. I took very little tackle or gear with me at all. The boat was still tippy, but if you paid attention it was no big deal.

Your build looks great. I would just eliminate the front deck.

Thanks guys for the input. The boat really isnt horrible just just not enough for any motor. I got a 2.5 on it now and the trolling motor is just fast. Im sitting low enough that if i go any bigger im afraid I will take on water. I figured on putting some floats on the back to help that problem. My thoughts were if I go to the trouble of that I might as well add something on the sides to help with canoe feel. Im looking for a bigger and wider boat also. Ive spent enough hours and money that I figure might as well try. Thanks for the ideas, I felt alot like the guys in that jaws clip today. :LOL2:

Latest posts