48" wide boat seat??? Really!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reedjj

Reaction score
So just about everyone knows I am planning a little Mod-V 1648 Center console. Probably a Tracker grizzly 1648.

I have been looking at different seating options and because I want the weight a little fwd in the boat I have been looking at the Camo cooler swingback seats https://www.iboats.com/Wise-Camo-70-Quart-Swingback-Cooler-Seats/dm/view_id.732070 because I saw the same seat (or close to it) on the G3 1860 Center Cons. Prop tunnel model.

I also came across this thing https://www.iboats.com/Wise-Camo-48-Folding-Bench-Seats/dm/view_id.732069

Has anyone ever seen one of these 48" wide seats? It doesn't look like its 48" wide. It would be the entire width of a 1648 boat! The dimensions just seem wierd to me. I cant find a pic of it on any boat or with a person sitting on it to give me an idea of the scale or dimensions.

I know Im cutting it close with room in a boat as small as a 1648 by using something like this or the cooler seat! But the only other option is to just mount seats to the existing bench. I know a lot of Center console boats do it that way but with two people sitting back there Im worried that it will be a little too much weight in the back. With a bigger boat like a 1860 or bigger it wouldn't matter as much. The reason for all this is that my wife WONT ride up front on the seat or cooler in front of the console. So to keep her happy and not go crazy when I buy/build this boat I have to make it so she can sit beside me. What do you guys think?

Hey ol bud, hows it going. Glad to see your going to get started.
These are some of the pics I have on my desktop for my own ideas, check these out. I got my idea for my boat from some of these pics. A couple of the swingback/cooler/storage boxes were built from plywood and covered with epoxy. Some super nice seats. This way you can build the width and height you need for your own needs. I added a swingback cooler seat to one of my Boston Whalers, and it ended being a little too wide. Sure was hard to get around to the back side to fish. Measure twice and cut once!! LOL, jus' sayin'
I got a lot more pics if you want them. You got my number, if you need anything just call. See pics below.

Attachments

• alumaweld1.jpg
    alumaweld1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 792
  • alumaweld2.jpg
    alumaweld2.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 792
  • bw15.4.jpg
    bw15.4.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 792
  • center console.4444.jpg
    center console.4444.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 792
  • center console boat.jpg
    center console boat.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 792
  • console.33344455.jpg
    console.33344455.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 792
  • flip flop seat.339945.jpg
    flip flop seat.339945.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 792
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 792
  • seat.cooler.55500999.jpg
    seat.cooler.55500999.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 792
  • seat.cooler.55500999555.jpg
    seat.cooler.55500999555.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 792
Thanks for the idea Rusty.hook.

I like the swingback cooler seat but I think it will take up too much room. I like the tan/khaki jonboat set up with the small bench made with 2 seats mounted to it. I was thinking of doing something like that too.

I got my idea from the G3 jet boat set up here https://www.g3boats.com/Gator_Tough_CCJ_DLX

I think I can get that box or get one made like it and put 3 seat mounts on it. One in the center for when I'm by myself, and 2 more to the outside so If someone is with me they can sit too. I would mount the box up against the rear bench so the top is flush with the bench and hydro turf the whole rear deck including the top of the box.

I plan on running a 12 gallon gas tank behind the rear bench and mounting the batt under console. I can use the box under seats as storage for life jackets, first aid kit, fire ext. whatever.

Latest posts