Anyone have experience with Rivedrill for rivets?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scroggs

Reaction score
Despite the benefit of having my right forearm look like popeye's, I am really not looking forward to popping so many rivets. I don't have access to pneumatic riveter or air compressor- I found this online and just wanted to see if anyone has used these before. Opinions? Thanks
https://www.rivedrill.net/

Looks good. I didn't see a price.

If I ever do it again.... I'd get the pneumatic one from Harbor Freight, as I already have the compressor. Even if only for the decks.

I found that during framing, most of my rivets would have been inaccessible with anything but the hand operated kind. I would also reccommed a cleco set. I went to buy one twice and they didn't have one either time.

Yeah, it does look handy. Aircraft Spruce has one for $54 that will handly 1/8" and 3/16" rivets. My only concern is the same as Brine's- it may be too bulky on my drill to get into many of the areas I need to get into.

Nice advice on the cleco fasteners- I had to google what that was- but it does look useful.
Thanks

You can find good deals on clecos on eBay. I bought 30 3/16 clecos with pliers for something like $12.