Livewell setup

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Reaction score
I have a new weldbilt 1648 with two livewells, I am going to setup one as my livewell and the other for storage, what is the best way to setup the livewell with pumps? I would like to have it where one pump fills the livewell and the other circulates the water, but I just have a hole in the bottom of the livewell that is plugged. How do I set it up should I go through the transom with the plumbing or the bottom of the boat? Any suggestions? Also which pumps work better the Rule or johnson, and also has anyone used the Keep alive system?

Thanks

Jesse

Congradulations on the new boat, the Weldbilts look very nice. If it were up to me, I'd run one pump and use an overflow tube. Run the through hull fitting w/screen through the transom, this will fill and recirculate. Place an overflow tube in your drain plug for the level you want your water to rise. When you want to drain the tank, pull the overflow tube out. This way you get fresh water everytime you run your pump and there is only one pump to worry about. I use Johnson pumps for my stuff, they are made in USA, I had a Tsunami in hand and noticed CHINA, so I switched :USA1:

Congradulations on the new boat, the Weldbilts look very nice. If it were up to me, I'd run one pump and use an overflow tube. Run the through hull fitting w/screen through the transom, this will fill and recirculate. Place an overflow tube in your drain plug for the level you want your water to rise. When you want to drain the tank, pull the overflow tube out. This way you get fresh water everytime you run your pump and there is only one pump to worry about. I use Johnson pumps for my stuff, they are made in USA, I had a Tsunami in hand and noticed CHINA, so I switched :USA1:

I second the pump with an overflow. make the over flow come out just below the water line quieter that way, all the factory built systems are set up this way, you can add a timer to cycle the pump on and off more in hot weather less in the cool

my .002

check out flow-rite.com click on marine and then click launch livewell builder. it helped me alot. it gives you all kinds of options and ways to do it.

Thanks for all the info guys, if anyone else has any other ideas please let me know I appreciate everyones input.

Latest posts