BUSTED HUB??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuducks

Reaction score
so im out on lake hartwell yesterday (or as i like to call it - lake heartbreak :fishing2: ) and a massive cigarette boat comes hauling past me. i jumped his wake and before i knew it i lost all power to my prop. she'd idle just fine but when i tried to give her any sort of throttle she'd rev up and act like she was in neutral. i took the prop off this mornin to examine the damage and found some old fishin line wrapped around my prop shaft and some signs of my prop slipping. fortunately the gears didn't get messed up. i think its because i have that Rubex hub kit in there right now which gives a little added protection against stuff like this. sounds/looks like i need a new hub kit right?

moral of the story that im takin away from this = when the big boats come around, just bend over and take it like a man #-o !

yes it sounds like a busted hub
jumping wakes is not a good thing it is like hitting your prop on a rock when it hits the water