It just occured to me.....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomowork

Reaction score
.....that there's no specific location for the gas tank!

My new project came with a six gallon metal gas tank. I looked inside and it is very clean. It can't fit under the splash well so it's either on the floor or sitting next to me on the bench!

Any suggestions? Pictures would help this old geezer. Thanks.

Buy a smaller 3 gallon tank, thats what I did. fits between the back seat and transom. my 10 horse don't burn much gas. :roll:

muskiemike12 said:
Same here, get a 3 gallon tank. I can run for a full day with my 9.9 rude.

That helps me too...
My fuel line is messed up, the prime bulb is broken.
I have an old metal 3 gallon can. It looks pretty "gamey" inside and was thinking I'd just replace it.
Is it worth it to keep an old metal can, or is it better to just get a new one?
I don't even know if the new line setup would fit on the old can.
I went to Bass Pro yesterday, the line and fittings and primer bulb setup is 40 bucks.
A new can is another 40.00.
Are there any advantages to a metal can, or are you better off just going with a new system?

Thanks for all the tips!

I guess it's shopping time for a 3 gallon tank. The six gallon metal tank is super clean on the inside and all the floats and stuff work but it will just take up too much space.

Come to think about it, my 50 hp Johnson on my other boat doesn't use that much gas either, unless I get heavy on the throttle.

Yea, I have a couple plastics and a metal tank. I currently use the metal can because the auto-venting feature, but it sounds like you need a 3 gal tank regardless. Checkout craigslist, you may get lucky.

I went ahead and picked up a 3 gallon plastic and a kit with the gas line and connectors.

Latest posts