New Rod Holder Setup

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth

Reaction score
Here's a some new T-bar rod racks I made for the boat. It's setup with Monster 33/45 rod holders right now for catfish, but also plan to get some Bee Ready's or Hiteks for long lining crappie in the future. I fish for a wide variety of species and don't always need the rod holders in the way so I wanted them to be detachable. The double locking flanges keep the pipe locked in place rock solid for when I go after big blue cats.

newrodholdersetup.jpg

Here's a list of parts I used for making it.
1.25" No.45 aluminum Hollaender SpeedRail floor flanges ($30 for 2 off Ebay)
1.25" schedule 40 aluminum pipe (12" for $4.84 and 18" for %7.18 off SpeedyMetals.com)
2"x3/4" aluminum stock (24" piece is $15.55 each off SpeedyMetals.com)
3/8" x 1.5" stainless bolts, washers, and nylock nuts ($15 at local hardware store)

The flanges cost $30 from Ebay and the stainless hardware for mounting the flanges was $15 from the local hardware store. The pipe and stock I got for free thanks to girlfriends dad. Also knew a guy who welded aluminum and that was free as well. If I had to buy all the parts it would have ran me around $100 not counting rod holders.

Nice setup. Do you use them all at once when fishing for catfish? I can only handle four rods out for catfish at one time. I'll have one rod out in each quadrant. If I get a fish on I will have to try and keep it in that quadrant without getting tangled in the other lines.

i do use them all at once but usually theres two of us fishing so its not a problem with getting tangled. a lot of guys i know that have 72" bottom boats will run six rod holders across the back. mine is only 52".

Looks pretty darn stout to me. Nice job.

Latest posts