Need SS fasteners

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bhockins

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm redoing my transom and need to install the new one using 2' stainless steel screws/bolts with stainless & nylon locknuts. I need about 30 of them but the prices at my local HW store are really high.

Know any good stores or web sites to get them less expensive?

Check Fastenal. I have a local store here in Maine, prices are ok, but the quality is rocking! I used up around 150 during my project, worth the cost

I found that my local Home Depot had a better price on SS fasteners than Menards (we don't have a Lowes). They had a prepackaged section of SS fasteners and everything was 98 cents. Of course there were only three or four bolts/screws to a bag, but it was still a LOT better price than Menards at 50-70 cents per bolt.

I know Menards has bulk packs of nuts and bolts. I not sure if the have them in SS.

They are going to be expensive anywhere - if you can get free shipping you might do better then your local hardware store - otherwise

I spent at least $300.00 in SS nuts bolts etc. in addition to what i already keep in stock

WOW :shock:

I highly recommend ordering online from McMaster-Carr. Good quality, fast shipping (especially for you since they are located in NJ), and half the cost of all the junk that I bought from Fastenal.

I know it's late, but I've been able to find decent pricing on SS fasteners on eBay. If you search what your looking for there are several "stores" that sell fasteners with decent pricing.

Latest posts