1975 MirroCraft 16'

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

75MIRRO16

Reaction score
This is how I gt the boat... Butt ugly paint and all. It's rough, dented, and the motor runs poorly. I just put a new water pump kit in the motor and fresh fuel, it's runnng better. But still a bit rough... I need to get a dran plug in the boat and will hopefuly be flukeing this weekend!! Wish me luck...

3.jpg

2.jpg

Well she flies with that 40! Everything went well after a little show in the marina... Launching went well, motor started on the first pull, shoved off and went off in reverse.... went to start forward and had no gear! Managed to finagle my way back to the dock, and adjusted the shifter cable. I made a few slow rounds around the marina and headed off to the bay... opened it up and it performed awesome. I couldn't be happier. 8) 8)

Well three posts in a row is pretty sad... But oh well.

377956460549.jpg

Huge thanks to Captain Ahab for these seat brackets!! What an awesome dude! 8) 8) I need to get some stainless hardware and button a few small things up, including these brackets.

377956525829.jpg

On another note, I'm considering replacing this piece of sheet aluminum (under the motor bracket, screwed to transom) with a piece of 3/4" or 1" marine plywood. My reason for this is when picking up the motor the lower half of the bracket pivots away from the transom a very tiny bit. The transom is solid, and not moving, and I have a piece of 1/4" galvanized flat steel on the other side of the transom where the motor screws are. I was thinking this wood would help the motor tighten down a bit more?

Don't mind the paint, I didn't do it. After fishing is finished I plan to paint the boat.

anyone know where I might find 6 of those mirrocraft seat brackets?? I have a 14 foot mirrocraft and the noob who had it before me did a really shotty bassboat conversion Im wanting to somewhat retore it to its original format. when they did the conversion they completely removed two brackets and cut the others.. any help would be appreciated!!