I'm new and buying a jon boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headhunter954

Reaction score
Hello every one im new to this forum I live in Deerfield beach, Florida and My name is Tony Im looking at a jonboat it is 15' now sure what brand but it has an old evinrude 25hp motor that starts right up but idles a little ruff it has been sitting for a year so I think the gas maybe bad . the boat also comes with a trailer in ok shape. he is selling the whole setup for $450 is a good deal I a new comer to the whole boat thing. so I need some help. thanks very much

Sounds like a good deal for $450, offer a little less. 8) $400 cash, see if he bites. Anyway of getting some pictures?

and :WELCOME: thanks for joining!

Plenty to look for. Look for major dings and dents on the boat, look for serious rust that might make the trailer unsafe to tow. You said the motor started which is good. I personally would not start it again until you gave it a tuneup and replaced the impeller unless you know for sure the previous owner has done that recently.

Latest posts