How to you cover your boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badbagger

Reaction score
Picking up my new to me G3 tomorrow. I'm going to be adding a folding T-Top from fishmasters.com. Pic attached. T-Top folds down and forward. Rather than a custom fit cover which may not work, I'm thinking a heavy duty tarp may work.

Any input on a good source for a heavy duty tarp that will last ?

Thanks

Layman4.jpg
Layman2.jpg
Layman1.jpg

I GOT ONE OF THOSE RUBBERIZED TARPS THAT ALOT OF TRUCK DRIVERS USED I HAD TO CUT IT AND PUT IN MY OWN GROMMET BUT IT HAS HELD UP NICELY IN SOME PRETTY NASTY WEATHER TOO, CHECK MCMASTER CARR THEY ALSO HVAE SOME REALY NICE TARPS.

For about $700 it's real hard to beat one of the metal carports.

Personally I shove mine in the shed down behind the garage. Cheap tarps shed and get holes in them and you can put a fortune in PVC to make an A frame.

Jamie

I am told that occasonially Harbor Freight has "pickup truck" canvas covers that would work really well...I keep checking but as of present the one close to me doesn't have any in... I'll wait and save my money.

I made a "pup tent" style frame out of light wood that rests on the boat's floor and drape a white plastic tarp over it. I have found that the plastic tarps sold at Ace Hardware stores are the best for my situation. It's about twenty something dollars and covers my outboard and spare tire carrier! The tarp sheds water very well as long as there is a good slope so water can't puddle up on it. I change it once per year, usually right after summer. Cheap coverage (pun intended).

Two ways I've done it... I've wrapped the boat in an inexpensive tarp. Works great provided the boat is bone dry when I wrap it. If there is any moisture in it - it will make mold. If it is wet and I'm running out of time, I've built a tent like Nomowork suggests. It works well as long as the ends are open for ventilation.

i know its a lil late but heres my set up hasnt failed me yet and been through hell to boot :D

Attachments

• DSCN2556.JPG
    DSCN2556.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 493

Latest posts